Celeriac and apple soup
Sweet and nutty soup, perfect for winter. I made this for Christmas dinner last year. 🙂
Celeriac − 1 whole, oven-roasted
Sunflower spray oil
Apples − 5, peeled, cored and roughly diced
Salt − ½ teaspoon
Erythritol gold − 1 tablespoon
Dried chives − 2 teaspoons
Ground cumin − 2 teaspoons
Ground coriander − 2 teaspoons
Unsweetened almond milk − 500 ml
Maggi stock cubes − 2, crumbled
Dried sage − 2 teaspoons
Boiling water − 2.5 litres
Bay leaves − 4
Green finger chilli (optional) − 1-2, kept whole with a split on one side
Fresh chives − handful, roughly chopped
Chopped hazelnuts − handful
1. Roast the whole celeriac (no oil) in the oven until soft. Then peel and chop into small pieces.
2. In a shallow pan, add 1 spray of oil and add apples, salt, erythritol, cumin, coriander and dried chives, and cook until apples are soft.
3. Mix together celeriac, apples, almond milk, Maggi stock cubes and sage, and blend until smooth.
4. Transfer into a large saucepan, and add boiling water and bay leaves (and chilli if desired). Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes on low heat.
5. Discard bayleaves and chilli, and mix in fresh chives and hazelnuts to serve.