Spinach and thyme potato salad
An atypical potato salad; with some greenery. Very pleasurable! Lighter than most potato salads due to the lack of oil or mayonnaise.
Baby potatoes − 500 g
Onions − 2, cut into rings
Mushrooms − 1 handful, roughly chopped
Salt to taste
Ground paprika − ½ teaspoon
Ground almonds − 3 tablespoons
Ketchup − 1 tablespoon
Sukrin (or Stevia) − ½ tablespoon
Fresh spinach leaves – 1 cup
Fresh sprigs of thyme – 3-4
Fresh ground pepper
1. Cut the baby potatoes in half and boil with salt until soft.
2. In a large pan/wok, add a bit (~3 tablespoons) of boiling water, onions and mushrooms with a bit of salt to taste, and fry in the water until the onions are translucent. Add more sprinkles of water if necessary.
3. Add the cooked potatoes, ketchup, almond flour, paprika and Sukrin, making sure the potatoes are well coated. Again, add sprinkles of water if needed.
4. Turn off the heat, and mix in the spinach leaves and brush with thyme.
5. Mix in some fresh ground pepper to serve.