It is about time for a new recipe, and I thought I would make it a simple one. This colourful vegetable medley is deeply satisfying and also archly versatile, as it goes well with chicken/fish (e.g. a perfect accompaniment for salmon and sweet potato fishcakes), or simply as a main feature! 🙂
Carrots − 3, peeled and cut into 7-cm lengths
Parsnips − 2, peeled and cut into 7-cm lengths
Courgettes − 1, large, cut into 7-cm lengths
Sweet chilli sauce − 1 tablespoon
Sweet soy sauce − 1 tablespoon (or ½ tablespoon soy sauce + ½ tablespoon Sukrin gold/Stevia/Agave/maple syrup)
Walnuts − a handful
Black onion seeds (aka Nigella seeds) − 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds − ½ teaspoon
Mustard seeds − ½ teaspoon
1. Boil the carrots and parsnips with salt until soft.
2. Add 2 sprays of oil to a wok, add in the seeds and toast on low heat for 30 seconds.
3. Add in the courgettes with a pinch of salt and sauté for 4 minutes.
4. Add in the carrots and parsnips, followed by the sweet chilli sauce and sweet soy sauce, and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the walnuts and turn off the heat.
6. Transfer the contents of the wok onto a baking tray, and roast in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 180°C.