Splendid spinach soup
A spinach soup as pure as it could possibly be! Made of only spinach with a delicious spice mix, but without adding other vegetables, which so many others do, it blends into velvety, creamy deliciousness. In addition to tasting absolutely splendid, it will also give your iron levels a decent kick in the buttocks, huzzah!!
- Spinach – 500g
- Coriander powder− ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder− ¼ teaspoon
- Garlic powder− ¼ teaspoon Paprika powder− ¼ teaspoon
- Fenugreek powder− ¼ teaspoon
- Flora ProActiv Light margarine − 30g
- Philadelphia Lightest − 50g
- Maggi stock cubes − 2
- Erythritol Gold – 1.5 tablespoons
- Water – 400ml
1. Blanch the spinach for 3 minutes in boiling water on medium heat, then immediately rinse with cold water.
2. Dry roast the spices (coriander, cumin, garlic, paprika, and fenugreek powders) in a small pan, over a low heat, for 30 seconds, then take off the heat,
3. In a separate pan, melt the margarine and the Philadelphia Lightest for 30 seconds, then take off the heat.
4. In a high-speed blender the spinach, spice mix, melted margarine and Philadelphia, stock cubes and erythritol Gold and 400ml water, and blend until smooth.
5. Simmer on low heat until the soup starts to bubble. Serve hot!