Zesty pistachio and cauliflower soup
Pistachio and cauliflower made into a soup? What a curious concoction! However, it does taste rather jolly! 🙂
Cauliflower – 1 large, separated into florets
Pistachios- ½ cup, ground in pestle and mortar
Sweet red pepper – ¼, diced
Apples − 3, peeled, cored and roughly diced
Ground cumin − 1 teaspoon
Ground coriander − 1 teaspoon
Maggi stock cubes − 2, crumbled (or use 1 if using a different brand as Maggi stock cubes are very small!)
Kaffir limes leaves – 3-4
Juice of half a lime
Fresh ground pepper and ground pistachios to garnish
1. Steam the cauliflower with salt until soft.
2. Combine cauliflower, pistachios, red pepper and apples with stock cubes and water, and blend until smooth.
3. Add the blended mixture to a large saucepan, add cumin powder, coriander powder, Kaffir lime leaves, and a bit more water if necessary.
4. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
5. Add lime juice for a refreshing zesty taste.
6. Serve topped with fresh ground pepper and ground pistachios.